Old farts and new Linux

Charles R. Dennett dennett at rochester.rr.com
Tue May 4 20:08:06 UTC 2004

D James said:
> Steve Blackwell wrote:
>
>> Hey bj,
>>
>> I just got Quicken 2002 Deluxe to work in wine (wine-20040309-
>> 1rh73winehq) on my RH7.3 box. If you are interested, I can send you
>> my  config file.
>>
>> At 45, I too would, no doubt, be referred to as an "old fart" by any
>> college kid.
>>
>> Steve
>

> Sign me up for that too Steve!

I guess I'm a semi-old-fart.  Only 49.  Been doing Sun/UNIX support since
SunOS 3.5.  HP3000, HP1000 and other stuff before that. Only started with
Linux just over a year ago.

Anyway, the only reason I keep my old Windows box around is because I
could not get Microsoft Money 2001 working under wine.  I wonder if that
would be similar?  I only use MS$ because the old box came with it and
I've grown used to it.

--
Charlie