Re: postgresql

Richard E Miles wrote:
|I have postgresql server running on my system however when the system
|restarts I always have to run postmaster ?D postgresSQL is there a
|command to get this to run automatically so I don?t have to do this over
|and over again.

You need to set postgress to run at startup. chkconfig -add postgresql reboot

If postgress is installed as an RPM (as it ususally is on Fedora) then you should just have to do:

'chkconfig --level 35 postgresql on'

(meaning, run postgres on levels 3 and 5) then run:

'service postgressql start'

You don't have to reboot.