KDE dies

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Wed May 5 02:57:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 18:36, Edwin Humphries wrote:
> My new fedora installation (fully updated) seems to be subject to KDE
> dying - nothing I can do seems to resurrect it, and whilst I know
> there is a way to open a new tty shell f4rom within an X application,
> I can't seem to find it.
>
> What's worse, when it happens, it seems to kill the USB system: when
> to require making a change to the USB settings in the BIOS.
>
> Weird!
>
> Edwin Humphries,
> Ironstone Technology Pty Ltd
> edwin at ironstone.com.au
> www.ironstone.com.au
> Phone: 02 4233 2285
> Fax: 02 4233 2299
> Mobile: 0419 233 051
You will need to give much more information than that.
(Sort of like calling the doctor and only saying 'I'm sick'.)
Why don't you do this;
1) from the Grub boot screen edit the kernel line by
  A) adding a 3 to the kernel line to boot into "terminal mode".
2) As root run the command startkde and note what fails.
3) Post that information.

--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>