Taming the mailing lists?

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Wed May 5 03:08:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 17:48, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 14:33 5/4/2004, you wrote:
Snip
>          * I can read a mailing list offline. This means that mail gets
> read any time *I* have time, not just when I'm on the network.
>
>          * I skip messages that are so poorly formatted that I can't make
> sense of them in 3 seconds or less. These are the ones who quote two pages
> (or twenty!) of stuff to add one line, where I have trouble finding the
> text, who top-post and confuse the order of messages, or who simply do not
> make any sense at all.
>
>          * I also skip anything that quotes the entire digest, messages
> from the digest where the subject has not been changed, and messages with
> no subject.
>
>          * If I can see that a thread is not interesting or that I cannot
> he
>
> Just my $0.02 as a "young fart" of 32, but having been around the Internet
> since 1991.
snip
> --
> Rodolfo J. Paiz
> rpaiz at simpaticus.com
> http://www.simpaticus.com
I had been searching for an answer for this thread that could touch a
nerve of reality, but you did it first. Everything you had to say makes
sense to me.

Also, I have seen too many times where many committed people that have
put in hard time and work in a project without any praise for their
efforts give up and walk away.

We should be thoughtful enough to remember these dedicated souls and be
grateful that they have put forth efforts that many times brings only
the reward of satisfaction of a job well done.

--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>