Laptop Battery

Hello

I've a problem with kde and the battery charge indicator. The indicator doesn't recognise my battery and it always says that there's no battery attached to the notebook. I've tried to modify some settings of the indicator in kde control menù, but it doesn't work, maybe that he's searching for a type of battery different from mine, but where i could change it? is there a config file to change?

I've a Compaq Presario 2700e