Laptop Battery

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed May 5 14:02:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 10:49, Davide Dolcini wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've a problem with kde and the battery charge indicator. The indicator
> doesn't recognise my battery and it always says that there's no battery
> attached to the notebook. I've tried to modify some settings of the
> indicator in kde control menù, but it doesn't work, maybe that he's
> searching for a type of battery different from mine, but where i could
> change it? is there a config file to change?
>
> I've a Compaq Presario 2700e

I have a similar problem when using ACPI on my IBM ThinkPad.  When I
turn off ACPI (so that APM is used), the battery meter works again.

To turn off ACPI, add "acpi=off" to your grub stanza.  Before making a
permanent change, test it by typing 'A' at the Grub boot screen and
adding it manually.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves