Re: Routing and bandwidth problem

At 07:33 5/5/2004, you wrote:
> Linux can run multiple IPs on a single adapter by using aliases in the
> config, and then using the traffic shaper utils you can set bandwidth
> for each.

Actually, if he hooks the four tennents and the router to a five port
switch, the tennents won't be able to sniff anything but the broadcast
packets.

It seems to me that this would work perfectly *if* each tenant either configures all their machines with static IP addresses or has some other way of handing out IP addresses. I do not see how to use DHCP to assign the 192.168.1.0/24 block to Tenant #1, the 192.168.2.0/24 block to Tenant #2, etc. via DHCP on a single server if all of them are coming in via a switch.

Once everyone has an IP address, this is great. But how to assign them?

Thanks,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com