RE: OS Performance (was OT: New low for Microsoft!)

> When I switch focus from one window to another (e.g. say from
> Mozilla to
> Mozilla Mail) there is about a 400-500 ms lag.  The RAM is
> _NOT_ caching to the
> hard drive for info -- the HD light never flickers.

Sorry, I don't have a fix nor an explanation, but I used to notice this
along with the slow menus that you mentioned before but it seems to have
dramatically improved when I went from RH 9 to Fedora.  I'm running on an
old system (P-III 500 512 MB RAM, an old Riva TNT2) and any "GUI lag" that I
used to see is gone.  It used to be one of my biggest pet peeves with
working in X before FC1.

-b