Strange behaviour of mounted USB hd

bit bit_char_g at gmx.net
Wed May 5 14:36:44 UTC 2004

Am Mittwoch 05 Mai 2004 16:25 schrieb StoneBeat:
> Type "lsusb" and if you see something like
>
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0702 Genesys Logic, Inc.
>
> you have a buggy chip in your HD, you have two possibilities:
>
> 1-Use as USB 1.1
>
> 2-Patch your kernel: i only know a patch for kernel 2.6, is very easy to
> patch and works fine.
>
> If your HD is Genesys and want more details tell me

Hi StoneBeat,

yes, a Genesys Chipset is used in the USB 2.0 enclosure.
(The harddrive itself is an IBM DTLA, but that doesn't matter in this context)

$ lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046d:c00e Logitech, Inc. Optical Mouse
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0702 Genesys Logic, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I would really like to go for option number 2, namely patch the kernel.
Could you please tell me where to get the patch and how to patch it ?
Since you said, it's very easy, I would really try to do that.

Thanks a lot, for your help !!!
I was afraid, no one had seen this before.

bit