Intel extreme graphics - does it work?

Jeremy Brown jeremy at cadre5.com
Wed May 5 14:41:36 UTC 2004

Tim Kossack wrote:

>also, afaik if it's a centrino, wlan is hard to get to run?

Don't know much about your graphics chipset, but I can attest that
getting Linux and Centrino to cooperate is not fun at all.  I've been
able to get it to work on my laptop part of the time using ndiswrapper
(http://ndiswrapper.sf.net), but with some stability issues.  I
eventually got tired of having to restart my laptop every few hours, and
just shoved in a PCMCIA wlan card instead.

It's really unfortunate, since so many new laptops ship with Centrino by
default.

Jeremy