arrgh <Sigh> auto mounting cd-rw gets in my way...

Bob Shaffer fedora at bobshafferscomputer.com
Wed May 5 15:06:47 UTC 2004

If you're using KDE, there is an autorun.desktop file in your AutoStart
folder in KDE.  I usually delete it the first time I log in.  If you click
on a "CD ROM Device" desktop icon, it will automatically mount it anyway.
As far as mounting when you run another program goes, I don't really know.
 I'd probably just write a script to mount it, run the app, and then
unmount it.  Some programs might know enough to mount a CD if they need
to.

If you're using Gnome, sorry I can't help.  I'm guessing that there's
something similar there.