OS Performance (was OT: New low for Microsoft!)

Bob Shaffer fedora at bobshafferscomputer.com
Wed May 5 15:44:32 UTC 2004

Certain programs take a long time to start.  Usually there is an alternate
program that starts faster if you don't like it.  I normally use faster
window managers like blackbox or enlightenment.
Switching/shading/minimizing/restoring/etc windows with them is always
instantaneous.  Gnome and KDE have become almost as bloated as MS Windows
over the past few years, and I just prefer simplicity anyway.