Cyrus-IMAPD on FC1

James B. Byrne ByrneJB.bogus at Harte-Lyne.ca
Wed May 5 16:11:04 UTC 2004

I am trying, so far without success, to install a working Cyrus-IMAPD mail
store on a development box running FC1 with all patches up to date.  I
have downloaded Simon Matter's source rpm and built cyrus from that but I
am getting strange errors from the resulting cyrus master process that
something it requires was built against libdb-4.2 but linked against libdb-
4.1, a circumstance that I am at a loss to explain given that I am building
the sources using rpmbuild and do not have libdb-4.2 on this system.  Can
someone illuminate the nature of the problem to me?

extract from maillog:

ctl_cyrusdb[1245]: incorrect version of Berkeley db: com
piled against 4.2.52, linked against 4.1.25
pop3[1248]: incorrect version of Berkeley db: compiled against 4.2.52,
linked against 4.1.25

Sincerely,

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                 mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca