up2date 2 days ?

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Wed May 5 16:57:46 UTC 2004

boby said:
> Hello
>
> i installed fedora and started up2date on my computer
> from last night. first of all i saw several warning
> message about some of the software's GPG , and the
> sofware thampered or corrupted , however i clicked on
> yes button ,but i wanted to know what is those GPG
> message and how can i fix it ?
> i saw before in here that up2date for another person
> took 2 days but i didnt belive because i always use
> apt-get ,but now i believe that its going to be 2 days
> . how can change the mirror site in the middle of the
> up2date ,or after up2date even ?

if you installed apt from fedora.us:
apt-get mirror-select

if you installed it from somewhere else, edit the /etc/apt/sources.list to
point to other mirrors.

use apt or yum, much more flexible than up2date.

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991