How to block Kazaa; NIS authentication

Artur Sampaio artursampaio at terra.com.br
Wed May 5 18:12:39 UTC 2004

Hi everyone...
I have installed a small network for a client. It was composed by a
server and 3 clients running FC1, and a client running Win2k.
I have 3 questions:

1) The W2k user insist in use kazaa, that was prohibited from
enterprise's owner.....I wish to block the port of kazaa on the server
(iptables??). someone knows how?
2) I wish to use NIS to manage users from the server. It is possible
that the W2k authenticate with NIS?
3) How to make the home's user the same on any machine that's he use?
(NFS? samba?)

Finally, i wish to congratulate all the list. Here i'm learn more than
on any manual, tutorial and so on....

Thanks in advice

(sorry for my english.... i'm still learning... )

Artur José Ferro Sampaio
São Carlos - SP - BR