RE: [OT] webserver ?

Am Mi, den 05.05.2004 schrieb MW Mike Weiner (5028) um 19:21:

> Actually, yes I read the documentation and it wasn't working, that's why
> I wrote back to the list. The write conditions as previously stated
> SHOULD take care of any non www request as you are saying, but its not
> working for blah.com alone.
>
> Thanks
> Michael

Curious. You could create a file named info.php in your DocumentRoot
with following content:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Then call that document using different URIs and have a look at the
output at bottom of the page where the %{HTTP_HOST} variable is listed,
besides others. My own testing showed nothing unexpected when testing
this way with (namebased) vhosts where different domain names resolve to
the same IP, where I have one ServerName and several ServerAlias
entries.

Sorry, I have no hint why the rewrite rules do not work as the should
for the domain.tld call. You could also activate

RewriteLog    /var/log/httpd/rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel     <value>

Attention: use RewriteLogLevel values with care! For short debugging
start with 3 or 6. Disable that setting after you found out what you
search for.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 20:29:45 up 8 days, 19:18, load average: 0.41, 0.33, 0.30
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]