using pctel modem on FC1

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed May 5 21:26:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Globe Trotter wrote:

> Thanks, I will try it out. Can you tell me what to do after I install these?
> Sorry but I am a bit lost here....

OK:

(1) Add the following to /etc/modules.conf:

	alias char-major-212 slamr
	alias char-major-213 slusb

(2) Add the following to /etc/rc.local:

	# SmartLink user-space modem driver
	/usr/sbin/slmodemd &

Reboot (or just start slmodemd by hand).

The modem device to use in applications (minicom, ppp) is /dev/ttySL0.

That ought to do it.