Intel extreme graphics - does it work?

Scott Burns scott at mirrabooka.com
Wed May 5 22:52:40 UTC 2004

Tim Kossack wrote:

>hi all,
>
>i'm thinking about buying an acer laptop with centrino, which has intel
>extreme graphics built-in.
>i searched this list archive and there were problems reported with it.
>i know that intel provides a linuxdriver for it, so i wonder what does
>not work, and are therefore interested in feedback from people using fc1
>or even fc2.

I've tried the two downloads from Intel and neither worked for me.
Fedora comes with an okay driver - just over 400fps with a celeron 2.4,
on an Intel Extreme Graphics 2 82845G card.

For refence, I run P3/800s at home.  The GeForce2 gets ~880fps and the
GeForce4 ~1550fps.  Unaccelerated on my K6/2 450 got me about 60fps.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems

Tel +61 7 3857 7899