SpeedTouch USB modem and Fedora

hi,

I have Fedora core 1 running on my system (thank you alexander) and I have an Alcatel Speedtouch usb for my adsl connection.

I have read that this modem should be perfectly supported by Linux, but that does not seem to be the case here.

When I choose 'browse hardware' under KDE I see about 8 times 'Alcatel USB Speedtouch' under system devices.

When I run the internet connection wizard and I choose to make a new xDSL connection I can only select my LAN card.

I have heard that there are new drivers available, I have downloaded a zip file with 2 .eni files in it from Alcatel, but I do not have a clue what I am supposed to do with them and I have also downloaded an rpm from http://sourceforge.net/projects/speedtouch wich I have installed.

but I am not able to create an internet connection.

some help would be nice

Matt.

P.S.: in my old linux pc there was no Linux compatible modem so I have never configured a modem in Linux before, so go easy on me ;)