Re: having big time to get r8169 based gigabit ethernet cards to work

stephane tranchemer devinci fr wrote:

I guess I'm not the one having such troubles since the r8169 based

cards

seem to spread rapidly amoung the new motherboard with gigabit ethernet
included, so I would be a shame not to change the code in the fedora
kernel sources and not release a new kernel that incorporate the fix.

I meaned "IT would be a shame" ... :)

I've got one of those and did have trouble with the early FC1 release. It's working reasonably well now - and works perfectly under FC2test3. Like all new devices, it can take a period of time to get an excellent driver. Of course, if you are like me, you might want to try contributing your own drivers: http://safari.oreilly.com/?XmlId=0-59600-008-1

Emphasis is on the 'try' in my case ;-)

neil