Need help (of course) setting up network

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Thu May 6 19:03:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:55:29 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>
wrote:

> At 10:50 5/4/2004, you wrote:
>> Well I guess it was too good to be true. Some one to help me. Sorry for
>> bothering you with my problems I'll just struggle through on my own.
>
> You're kidding, right? I'm still waiting to see your last message... or
> perhaps I missed it.
>
> Given that everyone and anyone will be attempting to help you remotely,
> without being able to see or touch the system, and because of the many
> limitations this imposes, you really *are* supposed to figure things out
> yourself. However, we *will* do our best to help you. I've been on the
> Red Hat List at least a good six or seven years now... and I've both
> given and received a great deal of help in that time, so I'm not going
> away. Neither is anyone else.
>
> Post again with your current status and whatever you've tried, or point
> me to any previous message you posted which I might have missed. You can
> copy/paste or provide a URL, whatever is easier. Don't get all ruffled,
> though... no one is purposely ignoring you or "dissing" you as they in
> the States would say. If you don't get a useful answer, then probably:
>
> 1. no one can think of anything useful to suggest
> 2. you have not formulated the question well
> 3. you need to provide a lot more detail
> 4. people who could help you (or try) didn't read the message
>
> Try again!
>
> Cheers,

Sorry about the brain storm. I knew as soon as I'd sent it that it was
stupid. I did send my reply with the results of what you had sked me in it
on the Saturday (accoding to my e-mail program and did get it back into my
inbox as you would expect and that was the last I heard of it till I posted
without checking if it had really got to the list). I also appear to not be
getting some of my mail (missing posts) or very late.

Sorry again.

Do you want me to start again? Maybe even re-install.(I'm getting quite
good at that). Just to have a clean start with no stupid mistakes messing
up the picture.

Shelagh