How to use Japanese language under FC1 ?

m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Fri May 7 07:36:39 UTC 2004

Just press key of shift+space on your favorite(many) applications with
no special configuration with canna or something like that, I
think. Then you will find small window shows transitive translating
japanese sentence(s).

I don't remember if I configured specially except setting LANG
variable as ja_JP.UTF-8 something(is it right?), and I got FC1 CD-ROM
in Japan, but I hope you suceed.

However, if you say about emacs, you might need many patches, it was too
hard for most japanese people to input smoothly.

From: "M. Heinelt" <M.Heinelt at fbe.de>