Re: tripwire not in FC1?

abonnema xs4all nl wrote:

Mike Klinke wrote:

/usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1/RELEASE-NOTES-i386

search for tripwire....

Regards,  Mike Klinke

Thank you. So, I can't use tripwire because of "developer resource constraints" (whatever that is...).

I still think it would be quite useful: what could replace tripwire i.e. has the same functionality?

Guus.

although not identical - the RPM verification feature can tell you what file(s) from a particular package have changed since installation. Use:

RPM -Va

to run this check against the entire install. Of course, this is only useful if you are installing everything via RPM. But if you're anal about security, this is probably what you do anyway.

neil