Re: A friendly request to strip your replies

At 07:53 5/7/2004, you wrote:
I noticed quite a few people leave in large quotations that are not
really necessary to understand the context of the thread, or even make
it hard to read (scroll scroll scroll read 1 line). Also this wastes
bandwidth and disk space (remember this list is probably read by myriads
of people).

Leonard makes a good point, as usual. FYI, IIRC the list now has somewhere 4,000 and 5,000 subscribers. So 10KB of extra stuff in a message (less than the three to five pages of stuff I've seen recently by a few posters) multiplies out to about 50 *megabytes* of extra data per message! Ten of those in a day, and we've wasted half-a-gigabyte of traffic.

Please, people, trim your posts. It will also improve the chances that you get a helpful answer if the question and discussion are easy to follow.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com