yum problem?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 7 15:27:14 UTC 2004

Greetings;

I'm running FC1 with a 2.6.5-mm6 kernel

I'd setup a line in roots crontab to have yum be run in update mode
yesterday, which looks like this:

11 11 * * *     yum -y -R60 update

and when it ran this morning, I got this email from it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
    import yummain
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 30, in ?
    import yumcomps
  File "/usr/share/yum/yumcomps.py", line 4, in ?
    import comps
  File "/usr/share/yum/comps.py", line 5, in ?
    import libxml2
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 1, in ?
    import libxml2mod
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined
symbol: xmlByteConsumed

What did I do wrong?

--
Cheers, Gene