agp mode

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Fri May 7 17:52:45 UTC 2004

Scott A Phipps wrote:

>How does one determine the agp mode X us using?

[root at quicksilver etc]# glxinfo |grep -i agp
     GLX_NV_vertex_array_range, GLX_MESA_agp_offset
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20020827 AGP 4x x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE TCL
[root at quicksilver etc]#

By default, you will probably be running at 1X. In my
/etc/X11/XF86Config file, I manually added the AGPMode options like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9200"
        Option      "AGPMode" "4"
EndSection

Unless you are running a kernel that supports it, 4X is as high as you
can go for now. The 2.6 kernel is supposed to have support for 8X for
some chipsets.