Re: agp mode

Scott A Phipps wrote:

How does one determine the agp mode X us using?

[root quicksilver etc]# glxinfo |grep -i agp
    GLX_NV_vertex_array_range, GLX_MESA_agp_offset
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20020827 AGP 4x x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE TCL
[root quicksilver etc]#

By default, you will probably be running at 1X. In my /etc/X11/XF86Config file, I manually added the AGPMode options like this:

Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Videocard0"
       Driver      "radeon"
       VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
       BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9200"
       Option      "AGPMode" "4"
EndSection

Unless you are running a kernel that supports it, 4X is as high as you can go for now. The 2.6 kernel is supposed to have support for 8X for some chipsets.