Re: need help putting Alsa on FC2T2

Doug Robson wrote:
I am trying to get Alsa installed on FC2T2
which has kernel-2.6-1.65.
I am needing to install the
kernel-source-2.6.1-1.65.i386.rpm .
But the install blows up complaining of a missing
file:
/usr/src/linux-2.6.1-1.65/include/linux/version.h
I checked, and sure enough it isn't there.

What to do about it.  I read somewhere that the new
Make clean now wipes out version.h
Is this maybe what happened when the Fedora
distribution
folks put out the kernel-source RPM?

This isn't the right forum, but you must go through at least the "make dep" phase of a kernel build to get the version.h file.

This forum is for the stable release of Fedora.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-          "How does that damned three seashell thing work?"         -
-                           - Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man"   -