CD-ROM not playing music

Jamie Cadorette apt81 at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 14:10:48 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am still relativley new to using Linux in
workstation mode. I just set up my old computer with
Fedora and everything went well. I used the drvblock
disk to find the drivers for my SCSI adapter. My
CD-ROM is an old Sony CDU-76S SCSI 4X.

Now that everything is installed, the CD drive can
read the disc fine. CD Player can see the disc and
tell me what is on the disc, but when I click play, it
does nothing. I also noticed that even though it
detected my sound card and lists it in the Hardware
Manager, it does not work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I suspect
it's because it is an old Windows machine with PCI
hardware, some of which may not be Linux-friendly.

- Jamie