Threads

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Sat May 8 14:49:55 UTC 2004

El Fri, 07 May 2004 19:14:58 -0400, jasonevans9 escribió:

> Can I request to fedora list that I only receive emails responding to my
> questions?  I tried keeping up with all of it, because I am eager to
> learn, but I am overwhelmed.  I better stick to a few things at a time.

I'd recommend you to access the list using a newsgroup reader, like the
one builtin into Mozilla Mail (or Thunderbird), or Pan, among others. The
Fedora's lists are hosted in several newsgroups servers, f.i. Gmane
(http://gmane.org/).

This way, you get many interesting options, like "watching" only the
threads you are interested in, and "ignoring" the others, etc. Besides,
you only get the mail headers by default, which is _much_ quicker than
downloading full e-mail messages. Most newsgroups readers allow you to
download the message bodies for off-line browsing, and other features like
keeping only the N newest messages, etc.

Try to Google about newsgroup readers (aka NNTP readers) and see.
Maybe [ http://gmane.org/ ] could be a good start to.

Regards,

--
Mariano