Synaptic with Fedora?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat May 8 19:34:44 UTC 2004

Wolfgang wrote:

> Download the APT & SYNAPTIC files from this site. And install. That's
> all, that's to it. The repository is setup automatically.
>
> http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/

The RPM there is the one I downloaded (from http://rpmfind.net/).
I installed it, but it did not set up any repository automatically
(I don't see how it could.)
More to the point, /etc/apt/sources.list is empty.
The documentation does not tell you the format of entries in this file,
unless you happen to be running Debian.
(I found an example of an RPM entry on the fedora-list archives.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366