re NFS with firewall

I have been working with trying to run nfs through the firewall . Is it
correct that I must set
my open ports during the install, as I see no way to set them with the
security cfg mge later on.
is it just my distro that I am using, I are running several versions rh9
from sam's books,  fedora from sam,s books and a download from a rh mirrow,
and they all run the same.   I saw mention of being able to download a
secruty manager, simular to the version used druing the install. but at this
moment have not been able to find it.

seems like a can run  samba, nfs, ssh all ok with the firwall disabled but
nothing with it on &/customized.

anyone with si,mulare exeperiances, and fixes.

will try dl a running the fc2 this weekend.
catharp.bellsouth.net
www.48lanes.com