OT: New low for Microsoft!

Bob Jones bt4rfj at earthlink.net
Sat May 8 22:16:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 06 May 2004 16:39:55 -0700, lwj <wayne at zkcelltest.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 07:26, d l wrote:
>> Internet Exploder is just a warper for those explorer
>> DLLs.
>> It don't really do much by itself. Removing those dll will
>> severly cripples explorer; tree view, side panel, quick
>> launch and may other things will just dies.

<snip>

> They are no more a part of Internet
> explorer than they are a part of any other application.
>
> Further, Filters are not applications. Many were not even originally
> written by Microsoft but other companies. Anyone can replace these
> filters with there own and assuming they included the same bugs as the
> filters shipped with Windows they would work fine.
>
> The point is that these things are NOT deeply integrated with the
> operating system.

<snip>

Just for your interest and proof of concept you ought to try '98lite" or
"XP/2000lite" on your MS Windows machines. I've been using it for about 5
years - and its worth every penny of the price (~$40 US). It cuts down the
size of Win98 to about 300MB and allows you to remove all the garbage -
including IE. Then I put up Opera for a browser on both Linux and the
Windows boxes. If you have W9x up on any machine there is a free download
of a program to strip out IE. Try it you'll like it.

	http://litepc.com/

Bob Jones