Re: Easiest firewall?

If you want simple FreeSCO is the way to go.

However I've always been partial to using (insert your favorite Linux
distribution here).  While using a mini-distro designed for routing may
be easier at first, down the road you may want to start doing fancier
things (traffic analysis,QOS, etc..) and it really helps to have a
standard distribution to start from.

If nothing else it's a good lesson in basic Linux networking & security.