Synaptic with Fedora?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun May 9 11:36:38 UTC 2004

Wolfgang wrote:

>> The RPM there is the one I downloaded (from http://rpmfind.net/).

> If you downloaded it from http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/ it would have
> been automatically configured. So now you have to go to this site to get
> the settings and configure it manually.

Are you saying that if you download the same RPM from different sites
then it may install in a different way?

(The RPM in both places is synaptic-0.48.2-1.1.fc1.fr.i386.rpm .)

Incidentally, I tried an entry in sources.list which I found
in the fedora-list archives (but with a local URL) namely
rpm http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
but synaptic complains that this line is not in proper format.

Could anyone who is running synaptic successfully under Fedora-1
please send me, or post, their sources.list .

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366