up2date troubles

Has anyone else had problems updating with up2date?
Last night I saw that I had 141 updates waiting, so I
started up2date on the task. I got to unpacking the
RPMs when it croaked on OpenOffice. I tried logging
out and logging back in only to find that Xfree86
would not restart. I am currently reinstalling. I know
this computer is having issues (needs a new hard drive
real soon), but I figured I'd check to see if anyone
else had similar trouble.

 - Jamie