Re: FC1(kernel 2.4) -> FC2 (kernel2.6) with LVM?

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On May 6, 2004, WipeOut <wipe_out users sourceforge net> wrote:

Would be really nice if someone put together an upgrade procedure for
systems using LVM if there is any way to do it..

It was posted several times here in the early FC2test1 days, and IIRC
it made it to one of the first issues of Fedora News. Maybe some
googling is in order?

This FC1->FC2 issue (with "/" on LVM) is the only issue left that prevents of moving all of my systems from RH9 & RC1 to FC2t3. I have a 2x16 GBytes drives, no tape drive -- for the holy backup -- and not that much time to re-do the install from scratch...

So I would be absolutely delighted to get a working upgrade procedure... ;-)

-- FiX