FC1(kernel 2.4) -> FC2 (kernel2.6) with LVM?

Francois-Xavier Kowalski francois-xavier.kowalski at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 9 18:48:40 UTC 2004

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>On May  6, 2004, WipeOut <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>

>>Would be really nice if someone put together an upgrade procedure for
>>systems using LVM if there is any way to do it..
>>

>It was posted several times here in the early FC2test1 days, and IIRC
>it made it to one of the first issues of Fedora News.  Maybe some
>googling is in order?

This FC1->FC2 issue (with "/" on LVM) is the only issue left that
prevents of moving all of my systems from RH9 & RC1 to FC2t3. I have a
2x16 GBytes drives, no tape drive -- for the holy backup -- and not that
much time to re-do the install from scratch...

So I would be absolutely delighted to get a working upgrade procedure... ;-)

-- FiX