extra mirror

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon May 10 00:16:51 UTC 2004

http://work0.kavlon.org/~michael/

If it's useful to anyone, I have a fairly fast Net connection and have a
lil mirror of the Fedora Core 1 ISOs available. I can allow up to about
500GB of traffic a month so up until that limit feel free to grab a copy
from there. Probably faster than trying to grab it from most of the
official mirrors.

I have to say that this server itself is running Fedora and so far I'm
very happy with it. Upgrading from RedHat 9, which the server came with,
was quite simple. I used rug, the CLI portion of Ximian's Red Carpet, to
upgrade and it went very smoothly. Has there been much thought into
making Red Carpet the default package mgmt tool for Fedora? I know that
YUM and and apt-rpm are also popular tools to this end. Up2date seems
pretty limited in comparison to those three.