2.3.4 glibc

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon May 10 05:17:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 02:34:45PM +1000, Robert Murphy wrote:
> Hi. Well, I've just subscribed to this list, and haven't received any
> digests yet, but breaking all protocols in such a situation I must ask
> the question: what is the story with Fedora RPMs requiring glibc 2.3.4
> ?? I've had to compile a few things against my existing glibc to get a

They don't require glibc 2.3.4, they require any glibc that provides
some particular @GLIBC_2.3.4 symbols.
Fedora includes a glibc CVS snapshot (this is nothing new, all
Red Hat/Fedora distributions used CVS snapshots for several years), which
provides those @GLIBC_2.3.4 symbols.
What's the problem?

	Jakub