Re: follow up: no smb network access

Florian Idelberger wrote:

I haven't tried smbclient from the commandline because I don't know how to use it to seek for online machines.

assuming you want to get access to a windows share try this from the command line:

mount -t smbfs -o username=YOURNAME;password=YOURPASSWORD //COMPUTERNAME/SHARE /MOUNTPOINT

where YOURNAME and YOURPASSWORD are the username and password of the windows computer. You should either get access to the share or an error message, that tells you where your problem is...

greetings, stefan