Re: DONE! Re: Gnome Screenshots

John Fleming wrote:

Starting to regret I started this... ;-) Incredibly OT now.
I know about the WIN stuff - If you have to use Windows, you should try to
find a free copy of Printkey2000 - really "enables" the Print key to be a
whole more intuitive and useful.

Actually, I would take this as an argument [albeit minor] for convincing people to actually switch. Many of the complaints about switching to linux revolve around "limited application availability". The points here are
1) What MS provided was crap [an effectively non-functioning Print-Screen button]
2) 3rd Party software [possibly not Free [as in speech -or- beer]] need be installed to make the system "useful"
3) It works as expected *Right out of the box* in Linux, and is typically *mostly compatible*(1) with the way similar functions are performed in Windows Land.

The fact that we are talking about a rather insignificant button on a keyboard isn't the point - the general truth is [IMO] pervasive throughout the MS World.

(1) Not to be confused with "Mostly Harmless"

--
Keven Ring               | "Oh no,  Not Again..."
The MITRE Corporation    |   Bowl of Petunias -