Display Settings

Hi,

When I have my display set to "millions of colours", many games like
FooBilliard, Emilia Pinball and TuxRacer run very slowly. However, if I
set my display to 'thousands of "colours", every runs OK. What would be
the cause of this? I could live with "thousands of colours", but some
websites don't render very well under this setting.

Thanks....Paul