RHCE

leam leam at reuel.net
Tue May 11 01:22:34 UTC 2004

Darryl Luff wrote:
> Chris Stankaitis schrieb:
>
>>> So imho, the RHCE cert only really says that you have the bare
>>> minimum to handle administrative and support needs of running a RH
>>> box which was
>>

>> Really this is what ANY Certification says, that "you have the bare
>> minimum for this level of certification"
>

> I've really gone off any sort of vendor-specific certification. I never
> tried for the RHCE because of the cost, but if I had paid out the money
> and put in the work and got it I would have been fairly p****d off now.
> The majority of people I deal with who had RedHat 9 servers are in the
> midst of converting them to Debian or Suse. I don't know anyone who's
> changing to RHEL. So a redhat certification is not worth so much anymore.
>
>  From now on I'm only interested in vendor-neutral certifications.
> Anyone know of a good one?

I know some folks who are moving to RHEL from older versions of linux
and are considering it instead of commercial unices.

I have both Solaris and RHCE certs. I like them because I'm self taught.
The certs let me know I've gotten a fairly well rounded education along
the way. The RHCE challenges me each time I see something I think I
should know better and keeps me driven to maintain my skills.

Also looks nice on the business card when you go job-searching.  :)

ciao!

leam