Getting rid of M$

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Tue May 11 08:10:15 UTC 2004

Around 03:27am on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 (UK time), Edward scrawled:

> You ask on the fedora mailing list which distr. we would use or recommend?

Of course, maybe he asked the same question on a number of different
lists and was seeing the justifications given for recommending different
distros.  I also think generally GNU/Linux users are open and able to
recommend other distros.

I have used mostly Red Hat and Fedora and think they are fine for
starting - a lot of good help and support can be found on this list if
you use Fedora.  I know at least one person who swears by SUSE, after he
struggled with a couple of other distros initially.

A good piece of advice I have heard is if you know a GNU/Linux user who
is prepared to help you, use what they do.

Cheers

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com