Fedora on SUN Ultra sparc10

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Tue May 11 09:58:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:50:40PM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 19:08 5/10/2004, leam wrote:
> >Um, Solaris is free for <8 CPU machines. At least that's what they told us.

> You can download the software at no cost. However, the license to use it is
> *only* free if you acquired your Sun machine from them or an authorized
> distributor. If you buy a U10 on Ebay from me, you have to pay for the
> license to use the software.

Also, the CPU limit is now <2 CPUs. It used to be more (there *was* a time
when the licence for Solaris 8 *was* free of cost for home users <= 2
CPUs, but that's at least 2 years ago - and is the reason why I do have
one U10 with Solaris), but these days, you even have to buy a license
for a SparcStation 10, theoretically...

Cheerio,

Thomas
--