Re: email server software

If you haven't checked out webmin you must try it.  It has server
configuration capabilities for just about every aspect of a server (including
email configuration for sendmail, and qmail).  It also has usermin which can
be used as a web email client for remote users.  I've run both on production
servers for years now without any trouble.