Fedora Core 2 on schedule?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue May 11 21:30:16 UTC 2004

At 12:00 5/11/2004, Tom Diehl wrote:
>I would rather time be taken to get the thing out the door than worrying about
>updating a web page to say we are still on skd.

Not applicable to several thousand other people who *plan* around that
schedule, Tom. Also, given the size of this audience, the more
professionally things are done, the better things will go and the more
smoothly the community will function. Personally, I believe that if one
posts a schedule one should:

         1. Only post milestone points which can be clearly defined and are
important.

         2. Clearly note the date when each milestone is passed (and post
this information, of course).

         3. Post *one paragraph* of "latest news" and update it once a week
or whenever a milestone is passed... whichever is more frequent.

         4. Immediately post any changes to the posted schedule.

Even if one poor sod is doing all the website maintenance, the above four
points would not take him/her any longer than five minutes a week. And
given the positive PR and impact on the perception of the afore-mentioned
several thousand people plus magazine reviewers, other press contacts,
idiots who say we'll never be a polished, business-usable operating system,
et al., I should think that those four points are the *very least* the
Fedora Project should complete re the posted schedule.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com