Re: Fedora Core 2 on schedule?

At 15:09 5/11/2004, Jeff Vian wrote:
In my experience the servers are swamped for the first few days, so I usually wait for a while to do the download, and then use a mirror. Even if it is available on the 17th you likely would not have it downloaded for 1-2 days so a 1 day delay is nothing.

Entirely true. However, when reading my other email, keep in mind the PR, community relations, and promotion/professionalism facets of keeping up good communication.

Having a one-day delay instead of a six-month delay is a wonderful thing. Having only a single-day delay, *and* having the thoughtful attention to detail and consideration for your users to post that information is even better.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com