Re: Installing on software RAID5?

robin-lists robinbowes com wrote:

Hi,

I'm building a storage server for home use with 6 x Maxtor 250GB SATA drives
connected to a couple of Promise SATA150 TX4 controllers.

I plan to create RAID1 mirrors for /boot and swap and create all other
partitions as RAID5 arrays.

Is it possible to configure software RAID at install time with Core 2 or
will I need to create the arrays before I install?

Any hints, suggestions, pointers to information would be greatly
appreciated.

R.

The FC1 installer supported creating and installing to RAID partitions, so I assume this will be the case in FC2 as well.

I was able to create a RAID-1 drive with two 200GB hard drives using the installer.

Jeremy