black borderline animation on minimize/maximize

I have a really simple problem I can't resolve in Gnome.  Every time I
minimize/maximize a window, I get a series of black borderlines taking
over my screen that follows the window as it increases of decreases in
size.

I'm pretty sure I saw this before in another distro in KDE and could
turn it off in the Control Panel.  However, I can't find the setting for
this in Fedora>Gnome.  Trust me, I've bloody tried.

Sorry for such a silly, basic question.

Thanks,
Rory