OT - content management recommendation

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed May 12 11:33:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 06:28, neilcuk at aol.com wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Has anyone used and/or implemented a straightforward, open source,
> content management system (running on Fedora, of course) they would
> recommend?
>
> In a nut shell, it should:
>
> have granular access perms
> have automatic document and content expiriration time/date
> be a complete doddle for end users to post docs and content - like,
> idiot proof :-)
> preferably be pure HTML/PHP based - I'll consider other languages if
> they've been used well and the source clearly documented.

    Search Freshmeat; they have things like PHPNuke, OpenProjekt and
such like that.  Freshmeat.net is the place to go when you need
something of a particular _kind_ ya know?

    I've used PHPNuke; it's a chickens-way-out to make a simple portal
for home/hobbyist use, and some of the others are more far-reaching.
There's a segment of such software being developed with schools in mind,
too.

    Enjoy!

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller
angegangen, Schlange-Hüften, sein es ganz rüber jetzt. Bügel innen fest,
weil es eine lange, süsse Fahrt ist.